During your “Me Time” I highly encourage you to poor as much time in to self-healing as you can. I know that not everyone likes to read, believe it to not I count myself in those numbers, so I’m no going to suggest you read a ton. I do have some absolute favorites that I think every single mother should have on her shelf, but I am an absolute fan of audible and various resources like it. The below list is a combination of books, all fun on audible that you should definitely have in your arsenal.
Some of these books are directly related to your healing while others help you navigate parenting, work and dating. All can be found on amazon, as well as audible.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.
- Boundaries with Kids: When to Say Yes, When to Say No, to Help Your Children Gain Control of Their Lives by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Beyond Boundaries: Learning to Trust Again in Relationships by John Townsend and Dr. Henry Cloud.
- Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes, How to Say No by John Townsend.
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Making the Journey from “What Will People Think?” to “I Am Enough” by Brené Brown.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown.
- Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution by Brené Brown.
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, Updated and Expanded by Michael D. Watkins.
- Joy at Work: A Revolutionary Approach To Fun on the Job by Dennis W. Bakke.
- Changes That Heal: How to Understand Your Past to Ensure a Healthier Future by Cloud, Henry.